I wanted to say, "BIG FUCKING DEAL!"
- A person wrote something so important or wonderful that a publisher paid to publish the book.
- A person is so famous (like Levi Johnston, the almost-son-in-law of Sarah Palin) that a publisher paid to publish the book.
- A person is egotistical and wealthy enough to pay thousands of dollars to a vanity press to publish the book.
- If you can click a keyboard and move a mouse, you can be a published author.
- The cost can be ZERO.
- You don't need to impress anyone.
- You can be a terrible writer and still be a published author.
- It doesn't matter if nobody reads your book.
- It's easier to become a published author than a licensed driver or a spouse.