- On Saturday, it will have repair visit number 43! I will pay $75 to American Home Shield to send a repair guy who actually works for Sears.
- The "frost-free" freezer section sometimes needs to be manually defrosted.
- The fridge sometimes dispenses water and ice through the door and often dispenses water onto the floor -- causing people to slip, slide and fall.
- NASA has delivered photos of ice on Pluto from three billion miles away. Sometimes my fridge can't deliver real ice from one foot away!
- The fridge sometimes dispenses water onto the wood cabinetry -- causing it to rot. The fridge is destroying my kitchen!
- Water has leaked through our kitchen floor and ruined ceiling tiles in the basement.
- The fridge needs three or four service visits each year.
- The water dispensing feature had to be fixed a few months ago, and stopped working about ten days ago.
- The switch that controls interior lighting and displays has to be replaced.
- When I open the freezer, ice cubes often fall on the floor.
Thursday, July 16, 2015
My $2k GE fridge pees on the floor.
My dog was a freebie and is smart enough to pee outside.
In the mid-1960s, I bought an old GE refrigerator for my college apartment. I paid $35 for it, and sold it three years later for $50. It's probably still working.
It had to be defrosted manually, did not dispense water or ice through the door, never needed a repair, and always did its job.
More recently, my wife and I spent about two grand on a beautiful stainless steel top-of-the-line GE "Profile Arctica" fridge.
The fridge is a beautiful and expensive PIECE OF SHIT. (Like our Dacor pro-style gas range.)
I recently bought a water filter for the fridge. With tax, it cost me $42.27. That's more than I spent to have my fail-proof GE college fridge for three years.
GE: "Imagination at work." YEAH, SURE. A refrigerator that pisses on the floor is very imaginative. My dog is smarter than my fridge -- he goes outside the house to piss.
GE: "We bring good things to life." BULLSHIT. Not to my life.
GE: "For more than a century, GE has been committed to producing innovative products that change the way people live." I'M LIVING WORSE.
GE: "The result of thorough research and rigorous testing, GE appliances are designed for years of dependable performance." BULLSHIT.
GE: "advanced appliances to improve people's lives." BULLSHIT.
GE: "Leading the Way to a Better Future." FUCK YOU.
The fridge has miserably failed its "implied warranty of merchantability and fitness." I want a free replacement plus repair of our damaged kitchen and basement.
(old fridge photo from "markrto" on ebay.com)