|CLICK to hear the 1975 song by the Bee Gees|
A woman who says she "has guided writers of all levels" wrote: "this doesn’t jive with reality."
Sorry, "jive" is the wrong word. Sadly, there are millions of links for "doesn't jive" online.
- "Jibe" or "Gibe" (NOT "jive") means to agree.
- "Jive" also means bullshit. "Jive talking" is being dishonest.
- "Jive turkey" is a multi-purpose insult implying dishonesty, incompetence, pretension, stupidity, etc.
- "Shuckin' and jivin'" is a slang term for the behavior of joking and acting evasively. More generally, the term can also refer to the speech and behavioral mechanisms adopted in the presence of an authoritative figure. Shuckin' and jivin' usually involves clever lies and impromptu storytelling, used to one-up an opponent or avoid punishment. (from Wikipedia)
- A "jive joint" is a joint where you can hear and dance to "jive music."
- "Hand Jive" is hand movement in dancing and juggling, and a song.
- Jibe and gibe also mean insult, as a noun or verb.
- Jibe (and gybe) also mean to shift a boat’s sail to change direction or deal with a change in the wind.
(I sure hope I got all this right.)