So, here's the good news.
(1) I did not have to use paid-for water to fill up the pool.
(2) We got the rain gutters cleaned out on Saturday morning before Irene arrived, for the first time in about five years.
(3) I took an inventory of our immense collection of flashlights, batteries and radios.
(4) I will not have to water the lawn for a few days.
(5) While removing food from two freezers to move to office freezer, we discovered lots of "obsolete" food that could be thrown out instead of moved. Why do we PAY to refrigerate garbage?
(6) Since I could not use PC to write, I read most of a really good book. Save the Deli. Highly recommended.