As a renowned and committed nitpicker, I am embarrassed by this horrible senior moment (a.k.a. "brain fart").
OTOH, I am greatly disappointed that none of you folks caught the error. It would have been a great opportunity to dump on me for being a damn hypocrite.
There are lessons for all writers and publishers in this, of course.
- A spell checker won't let you know if you have used the wrong word, but spelled it properly.
- Heterographs and homophones are dangerous.
- All writers need editors. Even editors who write, need editors.
- The English language is a minefield.
- Nobody is perfect -- not even easily offended nitpickers like me.
Naah! To err is human. It can also be funny. And now you can laugh at me.
If you want to laugh at others, or to cringe, read this book. It should be out "soon."