From Lull Mengesha:
- Register for a copyright.
- Get ISBN and Barcode.
- Find Print on Demand Publisher.
From Michael N. Marcus:
- The first thing you do is NOT to register for a copyright. That’s one of the last things you do, and you can do it months after the book is published.
- NO NO NO. You can get the ISBN and bar code from a publisher, or after you find a publisher, or after you become a publisher -- because it connects a specific version of a book to a specific publisher!
- It’s also a bad idea to produce a promotional video that shows your book with a left-right reversal.
And, of course, it's not possible to explain self-publishing in one minute. My first book about self-publishing has 432 pages, and probably takes a few days to read.