Thursday, June 19, 2014
Sexist, but funny, so please excuse me
1. The later you are, the happier your dog is to see you.
2. Dogs don’t notice if you call them by another dog’s name.
3. Dogs like it if you leave a lot of things on the floor.
4. A dog’s parents never visit.
5. Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.
6. Dogs find you amusing when you’re drunk.
7. Dogs like to go hunting and fishing.
8. A dog will not wake you up at night and ask, “If I died, would you get another dog?”
9. If a dog has babies, you can put an ad in the paper and give them away.
10. A dog will let you put a studded collar on it without calling you a pervert.
11. If a dog smells another dog on you, it doesn’t get mad. It just thinks it’s interesting.
12. If a dog leaves, it won’t take half of your stuff.
To test this theory:
Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for an hour. Then open it and see who’s happy to see you.
(The list is from Harry Newton, who, like I, has both a wife and a dog. I thank him. Photo is from GlobalAnimal.org -- read about dog kissing.)