"Print-on-demand or 'indie' publishing . . ."
"Print-on-demand or self-published books . . ."
(from an article by Christie Storm, Religion Editor of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, in Arkansas Online.)
- POD is not the same thing as either indie publishing or self-publishing.
- Indie publishing existed long before POD, and POD is used by many kinds of publishers, not just indie publishers.
- Self-publishing existed long before POD, and POD is used by many kinds of publishers, not just self-publishers.
- If you want to be taken seriously as a journalist, stop using press releases from Author Solutions as a source of information about the book business. Don't help the company to spread self-serving misinformation. Its agenda should not be a newspaper's agenda.
- If you want to be taken seriously as a journalist, change your name. "Christie Storm" sounds like a stripper or a porn star -- not a religion editor or a winner of the Pulitzer prize.
- Tell your boss to hire a fact-checker.