- Most stinkers are ugly.
- Most stinkers are poorly written.
- Most stinkers violate the rules and customs of book design.
- Many stinkers are inaccurate.
- Many stinkers are too short or too long.
- Some stinkers make promises they do not — or cannot — deliver.
- Some stinkers are padded — including unnecessary information, information that is readily available elsewhere for free, or too much empty space.
- Some stinkers are really advertisements — even bad advertisements — masquerading as books.
- Some stinkers are absurdly overpriced.
- Some stinker authors either got help from the wrong people or got no help at all.
- Some stinker authors are extremely careless — or just don’t care about producing good books.
- Some stinker authors don’t accept the advice they give to others.
- Some stinker authors know less than they think they know.
From my new book:
STINKERS! America's Worst Self-Published Books. Learn what not to do. Volume I It's an anthology from this blog's Bad Book Week, plus added material, and should be available next week. Price is just $9.99. It's important, educational and entertaining.