I've long been intrigued by English words that are often opposites, but can have identical meanings.
- "After our number is called, we can move UP to the front of the line" (or DOWN to the front of the line).
- "Please slow UP -- I can't run as fast as you can" (or slow DOWN).
- The HOTTEST new computer can also be the COOLEST new computer.
- "He was cited for bravery." (good)
- "He was cited for being drunk on duty." (bad)
- "Inflammable" can mean a substance that can burn, or can't burn.
- "Lightweight" is good for a portable PC, but bad for someone who wants a job as a professor or sales manager.